Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cake in a Mug - Recipe

I got this recipe in an email from my mom, it's a really fun one to try! I made it once and will adjust the cooking time slightly for my microwave, it was too dry. My mom made it too for bible study one night, and they were perfect. 3 T of chocolate chips is too many though, they mostly sank to the bottom. A very fun thing to do with kids, Kenna loved it!

1 coffee mug
4 T flour (plain, not self-rising)
4 T sugar
2 T cocoa
1 egg
3 T milk
3 T oil
Small splash of vanilla
3 T chocolate chips, optional

Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well with a fork. Add egg, mix thoroughly. Pour in milk and oil and vanilla, mix well. Add chips, if using. Put mug in microwave, and cook for three minutes on 1000 watts. Cake will rise over top of mug--do not be alarmed! Allow to cool a little; tip onto a plate if desired. Eat! (This can serve two if you want to feel slightly more virtuous.)

2 comments:

  1. Ooo your mom emailed me that recipe too! Mine didn't turn out too great the first time either, but I guess I just need to try again! really neat though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can be eaten or served with butter cream icing, whip cream, chocolate sauce, or any other topping you like or all of them together! :)

    ReplyDelete