Friday, February 12, 2010

Birth Announcement - Kenna & Brooks

My mom started the tradition of creative birth announcements when she had me. Mine was an announcement called "I've Had Parents", and it was cute and simple, but as the years went on they got super great and more elaborate! Maryn's was my favourite, I think, it was a cheque with the stub attached...Logan's was a musical score sheet (how appropriate now), called God's Encore (he was an 'encore' to Davis...but not the last encore as it turned out!). Lauryn's was a Baby Doll one, as though she were a doll from the store...Anyway, they were all great and cute!

I just really liked the idea so I decided to continue on the idea with my kids. I am right in the middle of trying to get baby's announcement all sorted out. It's hard to be completely happy with it, I am constantly trying to get the wording right, etc. Since I didn't have the blog with the other two, I thought I would post the birth announcements I made for them.

For my first born, I wanted to do a passport, just like a real one, since Brian and I are both from different countries. I thought it would be cute. It really turned out well, I think, I was very happy with it.

A pink passport, the same size as a real one. Brian is 100% Irish (I am only partially Irish), and the crest on the front is the Bolger Family Crest. It turned out well that the baby was girl and got the Kennedy Irish name! I only have this crest on a plaque and it's in colour, so I taped it up to the window and traced the whole thing out so I could get the line art version. That was a little time consuming!!


Inside the passport


Page above the "main page"


A picture to fill the blank space


And the back inside cover. If you click and enlarge you can read it better!


For Brooks, I made a little storybook, "written by" Kenna. Much simpler than Kenna's announcement, but cute, and I was happy with how it turned out.


First page


Second page


Back outside cover

No comments:

Post a Comment