Monday, August 13, 2007

Zucchini Casserole - Recipe

I am always on the lookout for an easy recipe that makes 'plain' foods (like zucchini) taste great. Aunt Jonne made this casserole while we were in NJ, and it was so good!

4 medium zucchini, diced (about 4 cups)
2 medium onions, chopped (frozen, fresh or dried)
3 large eggs
1/2 C vegetable oil
1/2 C grated cheddar cheese
1 C bisquick
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1 t oregano

Mix everything except eggs and oil in a greased 2 qt casserole dish.
Beat eggs, add oil, then pour over zucchini mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes uncovered
Note: this can be overcooked, undercooked, or reheated and it is still delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Tried this recipe. VERY GOOD. Everyone liked it! I have even passed it onto 3 friends who have zuchini in their gardens. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad everyone liked it! I know I just loved it too, so I had to share.

    ReplyDelete